"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

18.6.08

Doing the "Oprah" Thing / Issue #134 - June 18, 2008

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 134 - June 18, 2008
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
mailto:marilee777@aol.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com/blog (Blog)
Home Spa Lady (TM)

Circulation: 3031


==============================================
Home Spa Lady ~ Simple Solutions for Self-Care At Home
==============================================

In This Issue
================================

1. Doing the "Oprah" Thing - A Gift for Everyone!

2. Essential Oil Tip: Chewing Gum Stuck On Pants
(video: 38 seconds)

3. Success Tip: Kenneth Blanchard

4. Recipe of the Week: Organic Summer Pasta Salad

5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week

6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

** Newsletter Format. . . ~ update ~


==================================================
1. Doing the "Oprah" Thing - A Gift for Everyone!
==================================================

If all of us were together in a big studio right
now and I was sitting here with you 'spewing off'
some of my weekly tips, I would say to you. . .

"You have been such a fabulous audience and I want to show
you my appreciation ~ so each and every one of you is getting
a gift from me today. . .

. . .so, okay, everyone! Look under the chair you are
sitting on!"

and then you will find a video disc that I planted there
before you sat down!

~ but since that is near impossible because you are reading
this in your home or office, this is what I am going to do:

"You have all been such loyal readers and I appreciate that
many of you have taken your time to respond to the surveys
and write in with suggestions and tips yourself, that I want
to give you a free gift!

Plus, I loved meeting many of you last week in Salt Lake City -
You came up to me and asked me about my little guy Prin (and even
his friend Mrs. Froggy). . . We really do have such a nice online
community here. . . I want to give you all a gift and I want you
to be the first ones to receive this 7-Day Video Mini E-Course on
"How To Use Essential Oils"!

So, this is how you get it. . .

Send a blank email to this address:

marileetolen-339258@autocontactor.com

You will get an email back asking you to "confirm your
subscription".

Then you follow the easy prompts to receive this 7 Day video
course.

Each day for seven days you will get an email with a quick
basic lesson on how to use the oils.

It's a mini-course so the videos are only about 2 - 3 minutes
long.

Now, if that seems too complicated. . .just go back to
the Home Spa Lady website and re-sign up for the newsletter!
( http://www.HomeSpaLady.com )

(Don't worry, you won't get two every week).

This is a start of a bonus for each and every subscriber of the
"Home Spa Lady Tips of the Week"!


=================================================
2. Essential Oil Tip: Chewing Gum Stuck On Pants
=================================================

Why does something like this have to happen to our favorite
clothing?

Not that these pants are that special. . .but they are my casual
black pants that I love to wear. . .okay, they are DKNY and I
paid about $90 for them. . . but that doesn't even matter - they
could be from KMart for all I care - they just fit me really
well.

(You'll see in the video they aren't that special - but I was SO
UPSET that I got ABC Gum on them (ABC = Already Been Chewed), and
it wasn't mine.

The only thing I had handy on the plane was my Thieves Hand
Cleaner, so that is what I used. I am sure many other oils would
have worked, but this was all I had at the time.

I applied the waterless Thieves Hand Gel and proceeded to take
the gum off of my pants with my fingernails (it was too sticky
and yucky before I put the Thieves on it).

And the best thing. . .it worked!

Here is a 38 second video showing you my dilemma and this YL
remedy!
http://snipurl.com/abc_gum_on_pants

For more info or to order any of these Young Living products see
your Young Living Distributor or go to http://tinyurl.com/aenfp.


====================================
3. Success Tip: Kenneth Blanchard
====================================

Empowerment is all about letting go so that others can get going.

~ Kenneth Blanchard


==================================================
4. Recipe of the Week: Organic Summer Pasta Salad
==================================================

Organic Summer Pasta Salad

--Cook a box of your favorite organic pasta, drain, and chill
under cold running water. Set aside.

--Slice up fresh organic summer veggies -- tomatoes, sweet
peppers, zucchinis, red onion. Add to the chilled pasta and toss.

--Drizzle the pasta and veggies with salad dressing (recipe
below).


Salad Dressing

--Mix 2 parts olive oil to 1 part vinegar (either balsamic, white
wine, or red wine).

--Add some dried oregano, a pinch of salt, black pepper and a dab
of dijon mustard (if sour, a bit of honey or agave).


=========================================
5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================

A Week at the Gym


Dear Diary,

For my birthday this year, my daughter (the
dear) purchased a week of personal training at the
local health club for me.

Although I am still in great shape since being
a high school cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a
good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal
trainer named Brad, who identified himself as a 26-year-old
aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim
wear.

My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started!

The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.


MONDAY:

Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but
found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health
club to find Brad waiting for me.

He is something of a Greek god - with blond hair, dancing
eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Brad gave me a tour
and showed me the machines.

I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his
aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Brad was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was
already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around.

This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!


TUESDAY:

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally
made it out the door.

Brad made me lie on my back and push a heavy
iron bar into the air, then he put weights on it!

My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I
made the full mile. Brad's rewarding smile made it
all worthwhile. I feel GREAT!!

It's a whole new life for me.


WEDNESDAY:

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the
toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and
forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals.

Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop.

Brad was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered
other club members.

His voice is a little too perky for early in the morning
and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is
VERY annoying.

My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill,
so Brad put me on the stair monster.

Why in the world would anyone invent a machine to simulate an
activity rendered obsolete by elevators?

Brad told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy
life. He said some other fluff too.


THURSDAY:

Brad was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth
exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full
snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took
me that long to tie my shoes.

Brad took me to work out with dumbbells. When
he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom.

He sent some skinny blonde to find me.

Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing
machine -- which I sank.


FRIDAY:

I can't stand that Brad more than any human being I have ever
encountered!

Brad wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps!

And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the
dang barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.

The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition
teacher.

Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama
coach or the choir director?


SATURDAY:

Brad left a message on my answering machine in his grating,
shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today.

Just hearing him made me want to smash the machine with my
planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote
and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather
Channel.


SUNDAY:

I'm having the Church van pick me up for services
today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over.

I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little brat)
will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a
hysterectomy.

I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have
sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!


=====================================
6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
=====================================

The place for natural health tips, product reviews,
and interview with experts in Alternative Medicine, Holistic
Nursing, Nutrition, Energy Healing, and Essential Oils.

Ask your most important question about natural health issues
and listen to the show for your answers!

Ask your question right now by going to:
http://www.GreenTeaWithMarilee.com

Today's show is on Essential Oils for nail fungus.
Be sure to listen in at http://www.GreenTeaWithMarilee.com


>>>> Essential Oils are the focus this month on the show! <<<<


Join me on this live show . . .

"Essential Oils and Energy Work" with Linda Smith

June 23, 2008
7 PM EST
Free!

Go here for the details and to register:

http://snipurl.com/gtwm_linda_smith6_08


----------------------------------------------------------------

Newsletter Format

We are staying this way for now!

If you want to share any of your thoughts on this:
http://snipurl.com/newtipsformatsurvey


----------------------------------------------------------------

Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:

----------------------------------------------------------------


June 23, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

Join me as I interview author and essential
oils expert Linda Smith on
"Essential Oils and Energy Work"

http://snipurl.com/greentea_w_linda_s

--------

July 14, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

"Write Your Own Book"

Join me as I interview Self Publishing Guru
Dan Poynter and learn how you can get started
writing your own book and publishing it!

http://snipurl.com/greentea_w_danpoyntr


-----------------------------------------

Interested in Kick Starting Your Practice?

Great for holistically oriented health care
professionals with a practice!

Look at the 99 testimonials on this page -
you are all so beautiful!

http://snipurl.com/8_steps_ebook


-----------------------------------------------

PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home Spa
Lady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or electronic
newsletter, but please include the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free
on how to Make Every Day A Spa Day. Subscribe at
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com.

=======================================================
Marilee Tolen RN
a.k.a. Home Spa Lady
marilee777@aol.com
Phone: 856-857-1799 (East Coast)