"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

17.12.08

The 'One Simple Self-Care Solution' for Holiday Stress / Issue #160 - December 17, 2008

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 160 - December 17, 2008
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
mailto:marilee777@aol.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

Home Spa Lady (TM)

Circulation: 5185


==============================================
Home Spa Lady ~ Simple Solutions for Self-Care At Home
==============================================
In This Issue
================================

1. The 'One Simple Self-Care Solution' for Holiday Stress

2. Essential Oil Tip: Scent Your Gift Bags
(vid 43 sec)

3. Holiday Gift Tips: Fastest/Singles/Troops

4. Recipe of the Week: Brussels Sprouts with Pecan Brown Butter

5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week

6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

7. Another Personal Message from Marilee


==========================================================
1. The 'One Simple Self-Care Solution' for Holiday Stress
==========================================================

It's so ironic..........

......the season that is to be so peaceful often evokes the
opposite energy - all because of stress.

Forget trying to curb the "eat, drink, and be merry" idea -
why add more stress?

During this season, more than any other time of the year, people
are driven to the indulgences because of stressors:

--not enough time
--not enough money
--family issues
--memories
--too much to do
--routine disruption
--loneliness


When we're feeling any one of these things the last thing
we want is a restriction.

We want to feel fulfillment and we want to think that we have
enough.

We want to fill the void, feel balanced, and have a sense of
order.

No "take-aways" please!

So, is there something that we can ADD to our life that:

--takes the sting out of holiday stress
--we can do to make us feel good physically,
mentally, and emotionally?

If you were given a simple practice to do
that you would 'welcome and enjoy' doing
before you went to bed at night that would
melt the stress away, would you do it?

Okay, I hear you ......you'll consider it.

"Well, what is it Marilee?"

It's not meditation......this is not the time for the newbie to
try to learn to quiet her mind when a zillion fairy plums and
her 'to do' list are swimming in her head.

It's not a yoga posture. . . especially if you've never done yoga
before - putting your body in positions it's not used to and
holding it for countless breaths would only cause added stress.

It's not a special food or supplement.

It's not even an essential oil application (although I use my
oils every day for many things!)

This is one of my favorite secret practices that has so many
benefits - and it always reduces my stress and makes me feel
fabulous.

I was going to wait to introduce this to you in one
of my forthcoming informational products or in my very special
'circle' (that you will be hearing about before the end of the
year). . .

. . . .but I love doing this so much, especially right now
during the crazy holiday season, that when I was
doing this the other night and then slept so well and felt
so invigorated the next morning I thought "I have to share
this with my readers NOW! so they can use this in the throes
of one of the most stressful times of the year!"

Know why I think this is so good to do right now?

Because not only does it help reduce stress but also
if you do overindulge, doing this will mobilize
the overindulgences out of you!
It's one of the best things for promoting detox.

Okay - here's what it is ~

The 7 Minute Body Scrub at Your Bathroom Sink
no special equipment necessary
just hot water, a wash cloth, and your naked bod

Here's how to do this in a snapshot:

--create privacy in your bathroom and have your night clothes
ready to put on

--get a (preferably white) washcloth

--undress and stand in front of your bathroom sink

--fill up your sink with the hottest water you can stand

--fold the washcloth over four times and without burning yourself
dip the washcloth into the water and wring out

--starting at the top of your body (you can do your face or skip
over it - I do mine lightly) slightly scrub the skin rubbing
back and forth, circular, or downward motions.

--when the washcloth cools dip it back in, wring out fold and
continue scrubbing (you'll start to see evidence of the results
of your scrub on your white wash cloth)

--work your way down your body -
under your chin and neck and back of neck, chest, (around
your breasts), down your arms (inside and out - making
sure you get under your armpits), your hands including
each finger and palm, stomach, lower abdomen, lower back
and anywhere on your back you can reach, butt cheeks, and
down both legs front and back, and even do your feet -
each toe and soles of the feet.
(remember to keep dipping in the hot water and if the
water cools, make it hot again.)


I like to balance by going back and forth on each side - after
chest and torso - then one arm and hand, then the other arm and
hand, then lower abs, lower back, butt cheeks, and then each leg.

(I'll share more with you down the road in a video - but not of
me! of the process!)


Here are the physical advantages:

-promotes lymph circulation to get rid of toxins
-brings fresh blood supply to the whole body
-oxygenates the body
-it has similar benefits to 30 minutes of exercise
-exfoliates the dead cells on the surface of the skin


Here are the energetic advantages:
(this is my favorite part)

-clears our energy field
-when we combine exfoliating the skin and mobilizing our lymph
detox the body and mobilize the information
that is in our lymph tissues and vessels - and I think
that is where we carry our 'stories'- these 'stories'
that go over and over in our mind cause us the most stress


I encourage you to try this and see how you feel!

I was blown away when I started doing this and fell in
love with the refreshing feeling I had and the deep night's
sleep I would get.

And, of course, when I combined this with my daily
essential oil regimes (more about them later) I felt
like a new person!

======================================
2. Essential Oil Tip: Scent Your Gift
======================================

This is a great way to add a special touch to
your gift giving - and it's so simple!

This goes well when you use gift bags for your gifts.

--Dowse a cotton ball or a cosmetic pad with a few drops of your
favorite essential oil (I like using the Christmas Spirit blend
the best)

--Place the cotton ball at the bottom of your gift bag before you
put in your pretty tissue paper or confetti!

Watch this 43 second video now
http://snipurl.com/vid_scent_gift_bags


For more info or to order any of these Young Living
products see your Young Living Distributor or go to
http://tinyurl.com/aenfp


=============================================
3. Holiday Gift Tips: Fastest/Singles/Troops
=============================================

Fastest Gift Buying on the Net
http://www.FindGift.com

Gifts for Singles
http://www.SingleEdition.com

Great Holiday Present for the Troops
-let's say "thanks" to them
http://www.letssaythanks.com


============================================================
4. Recipe of the Week: Brussels Sprouts with Pecan Brown Butter
============================================================

Here's another colorful green and red dish (when you complement
this with cranberry sauce!)

3 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed,
and an X cut into the base of each sprout
1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
4 T unsalted butter
3/4 c chopped pecans
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Pinch of brown sugar

--In a steamer set over boiling water, steam the Brussels
sprouts, covered, 7 to 8 minutes, until just tender.

--Drain under cold running water to stop them from cooking.

--In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter.

--Add nuts; cook over medium heat until golden brown.

--Add sprouts, salt, pepper, and sugar

--Saute 1 to 2 minutes, until heated through.

Serve with cranberry sauce on the side.


=========================================
5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================

Martha Stewart's letter to Erma Bombeck:

(fyi - Erma was the famous "housewife columnist")


If Martha and Erma Wrote Each Other


Hi Erma,

This perfectly delightful note is being sent on paper I made
myself to tell you what I have been up to. Since it snowed
last night,
I got up early and made a sled with old barn wood and a glue gun.
I hand painted it in gold leaf, got out my loom, and made a
blanket in peaches and mauves. Then to make the sled complete, I
made a white horse to pull it, from DNA that I had just
sitting around in my craft room.

By then, it was time to start making the placemats and napkins
for my 20 breakfast guests. I'm serving the old standard Stewart
twelve-course breakfast, but I'll let you in on a little secret:
I didn't have time to make the tables and chairs this morning, so
I used the ones I had on hand.

Before I moved the table into the dining room, I decided to add
just a touch of the holidays. So I repainted the room in pinks
and stenciled gold stars on the ceiling. Then, while the homemade
bread was rising, I took antique candle molds and made the
dishes (exactly the same shade of pink) to use for breakfast.
These were made from Hungarian clay, which you can get at almost
any Hungarian craft store.

Well, I must run. I need to finish the buttonholes on the dress
I'm wearing for breakfast. I'll get out the sled and drive this
note to the post office as soon as the glue dries on the envelope
I'll be making. Hope my breakfast guests don't stay too long. I
have 40,000 cranberries to string with bay leaves before my speaking
engagement at noon.

Love, Martha Stewart



Response from Erma Bombeck:

Dear Martha,

I'm writing this on the back of an old shopping list, pay no
attention to the coffee and jelly stains. I'm 20 minutes late
getting my daughter up for school, packing a lunch with one hand,
on the phone with the dog pound, seems old Ruff needs bailing out,
again. Burnt my arm on the curling iron when I was trying to make
those cute curly fries, how DO they do that? Still can't find
the scissors to cut out some snowflakes, tried using an old
disposable razor trashed the tablecloth. Tried that cranberry
thing, frozen cranberries mushed up after I defrosted them in the
microwave. Oh, and don't use Fruity Pebbles as a substitute in
that Rice Krispie snowball recipe, unless you happen to like a
disgusting shade that resembles puke! The smoke alarm is going
off, talk to ya later.

Love, Erma


=====================================
6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
=====================================

The place for natural health tips, product reviews,
and interview with experts in Alternative Medicine, Holistic
Nursing, Nutrition, Energy Healing, and Essential Oils.


The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7 PM EST

An Osteoporosis Special ~

"The Bone Building Solution"
with Carolyn DeMarco MD

(Dr. Carolyn DeMarco is also an expert in
the use of therapeutic essential oils - so
I'm sure this show is going to be chock full
of great info!)

Details forthcoming real soon!

-----------------------------------

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7 PM EST

Back by popular demand!

James Oschman PhD

"Anti-Aging and the Science of Energy Medicine"

Details forthcoming real soon!


===========================================
7. Another personal message from Marilee
===========================================

Hmmm......

.......second week in a row with a personal message from me!

I'm liking this! Getting personal with you n'all :)

But really, I want you to know what's in my head these days,
because what's in my head is what's in store for you!
Right around the corner!

Last week I spoke about growth, change, and opportunity.

As I'm growing in leaps and bounds in my work and business
and what I'm sharing here with you, I'm also in the process of
creating opportunity for us (you and I) to do some things
together!

I am going to be launching a few programs that I can't wait
to tell you about but I'm not prepared to right now - other
than to say keep your eye out for a few emails from me.

One of the changes I'll be making is the accessibility to
my show replays and recordings. I'm bringing in some big
audio editors and we'll be making some adjustments real soon.

I know there are a few recordings still up for replay and rather
than me go in and take them off right now, I'm going to give you
a heads up to go in and get what you want right now because my
model of replay availability will be changing in the new year.

I'm so excited about what's coming I can hardly wait to share it
with you!

Have a great week - do your scrubs - and let me know how you
feel!

Sweet Stress-Free Holiday Dreams, Marilee


This link is a quick rendition of Prinny and I disco dancing as
elves (you can do this too!):
http://snipurl.com/prin_and_i_as_elves


------------------------------------------------------

Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:

------------------------------------------------------

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7 PM EST

An Osteoporosis Special ~

"The Bone Building Solution"
with Carolyn DeMarco MD

Stay tuned for details

Details forthcoming real soon!

-----------------------------------

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7 PM EST

Back by popular demand!

James Oschman PhD

"Anti-Aging and the Science of Energy Medicine"

Details forthcoming real soon!


---------------------------------------------


Interested in Kick Starting Your Practice?

Great for holistically oriented health care
professionals with a practice!

Purchase this ebook for immediate download.

Look at the 99 testimonials on this page -
you are all so beautiful!

http://snipurl.com/8_steps_ebook

-----------------------------------------------
PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home Spa
Lady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or electronic
newsletter, but please include the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free
on how to Make Every Day A Spa Day. Subscribe at
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com.

=======================================================
Marilee Tolen RN
a.k.a. Home Spa Lady
marilee777@aol.com
Phone: 856-857-1799 (East Coast)