"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

8.11.06

Home Spa Lady Tips Issue #50 Lipstick on Your Teeth/What About Splenda

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 50 - November 8, 2006
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
mailto:marilee777@aol.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com/blog (Blog)
Home Spa Lady (TM)
Circulation: 927
=====================================
Make Every Day A Spa Day!
=====================================
Please forward this e-newsletter to anyone you know who isinterested in natural health, wellness, healing, and beauty basedon principles of energy, consciousness, spirituality, personalempowerment, delicious whole foods, cleansing and detoxificationof the body and mind, and having a heck of a good time!
================================
In This Issue
================================
1. You've Got Lipstick on Your Teeth
2. What About Splenda?
3. Does This Make Any "Cents"?
4. Essential Oil Tip: Tub & Sink Cleanser
5. Success Tip: Dr. Wayne Dyer
6 Home Spa Read: Three Deep Breaths
7. Recipe of the Week: Healthy Ice Cream Substitute
8. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
*Take a class with Home Spa Lady in New York City!. . .see below
======================================
1. You've Got Lipstick on Your Teeth
======================================
When you see a woman with lipstick on her teeth, do you tell her?Would you want someone to tell you?That's always such a social dilemma, but more importantly its ahealth issue. Do you know that there are significant amounts oflead in most popular brands of lipstick?Or, is this an urban legend? About once a month I receive thesame email that has been circulating on the internet for a fewyears about nine of the top cosmetic companies whose lipstickscontain lead.There is also the discussion as to what ingredients are inlipsticks to color lips, even if they do not contain lead.And now there are lip volumizers to plump up lips "Angelina Joliestyle". I've been to several spa shows where these lip plumpersare featured and I have sampled them. All I could say is "yuck -I can't wait to get this off my lips!". I looked at theingredients and read the many names of petrochemicals and dyes.And then I see essential oils (probably industrial rather thanmedicinal quality) listed. I thought - "Why not make my own withmy organic ingredients?"So here's what I did - mixed some of Young Living's Rose Ointment(which feels wonderful on the lips anyway) with the tiniestamount of cinnamon (I touch the "lip" of the bottle with myfinger and dab together in my palm with Rose Ointment). Adesirable tingling sensation occurs from the blood and oxygenthat this brings to the lips for a nice naturally red plumpedpout! Licking the lips is an added benefit, getting the immunestimulating effects of the therapeutic oils both inside andoutside of the body. One of Gary Young's mottos about personalcare products is "if you can't eat it, don't wear it".
To order your therapeutic grade essential oils contact your YoungLiving Distributor or go to:http://tinyurl.com/aenfp
=======================
2. What About Splenda?
=======================
The gabfest on the sweet news continues in my email box fromreaders. After bashing aspartame I was deluged with questionsabout Splenda. I go to the experts for these answers.Dr. Mercola. who has the most popular website on the internet onalternative medicine and nutrition, has just written a bookcalled "Sweet Misery".

Here's a four minute video on this topic and his book:http://tinyurl.com/ycjuao

Would you rather just preview this video?http://preview.tinyurl.com/ycjuao
=====================================================
3. Does This Make Any "Cents"? Bee and Hornet Bites=====================================================
A reader writes in:This comes from a person who works at a school and thei
nformation came from a local doctor.A couple of weeks ago I was unfortunate enough to get stung byboth a bee and hornet while working in the garden. My arm swelledup so off to the doctor I went. The clinic gave me cream and anantihistamine.The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse so offto my regular doctor I went. I had an infected arm and needed anantibiotic. What was interesting is what the physician told me."The next time you get stung put a penny on the bite for 15minutes." I thought, wow next time (if there ever is one) I willtry it.Well that night my friend Shelley's niece got stung by two bees.When she came over to swim I looked at the bite and it hadalready started to swell. So off I went to get my money.I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning,there was no sign of a bite. Were we surprised!We decided her niece just wasn't allergic to the sting.Well guess what happened again on Saturday night?I was helping Shelley deadhead her flowers and a hornet stungme again two times on my left hand. I thought, here I go againhaving to go to the doctor for yet another antibiotic.Well, I promptly went into the house, again got my money out, andtaped two pennies to my bites and then sat and sulked for 15minutes.The penny took the sting out of the bite immediately. I stillwasn't sure what was going to happen. In the meantime thehornets were attacking Shelley and she got stung on the thumb.Again I used the penny.The next morning I could only see the spot where the hornet stungme. No redness, no swelling! I went over the see Shelley and herswas the same. Couldn't even tell where she got bit. Then Shelleygot stung again on Monday night on her back while cutting thegrass.This penny thing is going to make us money at school because onceagain it worked.I just wanted to share the marvelous information in case any ofyou are experiencing the same problem at home. We need to have astock of pennies on hand at school. The physician said somehowthe copper in the penny counteracts the bite. I would never havebelieved it. But it definitely does work.
===========================================
4. Essential Oil Tip: Tub & Sink Cleanser===========================================
From Home Spa-er Mary Mickinak, Medford, NJ
"Hi MarileeI have made this tub & sink cleanser & really likeit!
--1 cup baking soda--1/4 cup liquid Castile soap
--2 vitamin C tablets, crushed
--lemon, tea tree, or eucalyptus essential oils,(your choice, orcombination)
--Mix together, place in a container
On a less humid day you may add a little water.
It cleans, doesnot scratch, is kind to hands, and is healthy!"

Order your oils from your Young Livingdistributor or by going to http://tinyurl.com/aenfp
===================================
5. Success Tip: Dr. Wayne Dyer
===================================
"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of yourstate of mind."
=====================================
6. Home Spa Read: Three Deep Breaths
=====================================
In his book "Three Deep Breaths", Thomas Crum reminds us to useour breathing to combat stress and remain open to thepossibilities and mysteries in life.This book is a quick, entertaining and insightful read, andaddresses the science of the bodymind [psychoneuroimmunology]clearly.One who can apply this book to his/her life will surelyexperience more success with life, work, health andrelationships!===================================================
7.Recipe of the Week: Healthy Ice Cream Substitute
===================================================
Christine J's Healthy TreatMix together:
--1 cup organic kefir
--1 tablespoon organic maple syrup (Grade B amber has more minerals and nutrients)
--Add berries, nuts, or granola
--Freeze
=========================================
8. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================
DINNER FOR THREE
A woman was walking down the street when she was accosted by aparticularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who askedher for a couple of dollars for dinner.The woman took out her bill fold, extracted ten dollars andasked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some wine with itinstead of dinner?""No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless womanreplied."Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?" thewoman asked."No, I don't waste time shopping," the homeless woman said. "Ineed to spend all my time trying to stay alive.""Will you spend this on a beauty salon instead of food?" thewoman asked."Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless woman. "I haven't had myhair done in 20 years!""Well," said the woman, "I'm not going to give you the money.Instead, I'm going to take you out for dinner with my hubby andmyself tonight.The homeless woman was astounded. "Won't your hubby be furiouswith you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smellpretty disgusting."The woman replied, "That's okay. It's important for him to seewhat a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hairappointments, and wine."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:
----------------------------------------------------------------
December 3, 2006 New York CityHow To Use Essential Oils
To learn more and register go to:http://tinyurl.com/swy8r
Contact Marilee with questions 856-857-1799
-----------------------------------------------
Past Issues of Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week
-----------------------------------------------
Don't let all this good info go by the wayside! Access thearchives of the Tips of The Week at this site:http://www.homespaladytips.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------
PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home SpaLady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or electronicnewsletter, but please include the following paragraph:Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free ezineon how to Make Every Day A Spa Day.
Subscribe athttp://www.HomeSpaLady.com.

You are receiving this because you signed up for it at the HomeSpa Lady website at http://www.HomeSpaLady.com or you told me youwant to subscribe.

PRIVACY STATEMENT: Home Spa Lady will never distributeyour address to anyone. Period.Promise.
=======================================================
Marilee Tolen RN a.k.a. Home Spa Lady
marilee777@aol.com
Phone: 856-857-1799 (East Coast)