"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

10.1.07

Home Spa Lady Tips #58/ Healing Foods-2007 Trend

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 58 - January 3, 2007
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
E-mail Marilee
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com/blog (Blog)
Home Spa Lady(TM)
=====================================
Make Every Day A Spa Day!
=====================================
Please forward this e-newsletter to anyone you know who is interested in natural health, wellness, healing, and beauty based on principles of energy, consciousness, spirituality, personal empowerment, delicious whole foods, cleansing and detoxification of the body and mind, and having a heck of a good time!
================================
In This Issue
================================
1. Healing Foods - 2007 Trend
2. Spa Steals and Deals
3. Essential Oil Tip: Decoration Stains
4. Success Tip: Mother Theresa
5. Recipe of the Week: White Bean Spread
6. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
==============================
1. Healing Foods - 2007 Trend
==============================
"We're at a point where there is a major intersection of health, wellness, and luxury." Michael Whiteman, Food Consultant.

In one of last week's issues of USA Today Healing Foods were noted as an upcoming trend for 2007. Whiteman, of Joseph Baum & Michael Whiteman Food and Restaurant Consulting, was also quoted as saying: "People are willing to pay premium prices to indulge in foods that they think will make them live longer or lose weight or just add to their psychological well-being. By indulgence, I mean premium-price sodas that make you lose weight, yogurts that make your skin softer, vitamin-enriched beer, ice creams with immune boosting ingredients, rainforest 'super fruits' and their extracts".

I already notice how I fall into that category of people paying higher prices for healthier foods. One of my new favorites is the new Kombucha Wonder Drink. I treat myself to it only occasionally (because I can't find it in many stores). It's a carbonated drink - and I'm still a sucker for carbonation. This carbonation is from a natural fermentation process from the kombucha mushroom, which is known to be a healing food. But my favorite remains the Ningxia Red juice that has as its primary ingredient Lycium barbarum or "wolfberry" (and also known as Himalayan Goji - not to be confused with the commercial Himalayan Goji juice). And I love how I can get it delivered to my door.

Lycium barbarum is a fruit known as wolfberry. It has been used in Asian medicine for centuries. People who have had a diet high in wolfberry have lived well over 100 years with good vision, sharp minds, and lots of energy. Ningxia wolfberries are very special wolfberries that are grown in the Ningxia region of China. The soil there is irrigated by the Yellow River that originates in the Himalayan mountains. Ningxia Red is a juice that has Ningxia wolfberries along with: pomegranates, blueberries, red raspberries, apricots, and dark grapes. It also has the highest quality therapeutic essential oils in it. These essential oils are high in d-limonenes and are known to be effective immune-stimulators.

Ningxia Red is a Young Living product. Ningxia Red is a Super Food juice that measures higher in antioxidant ability than any other juice on the market today. This measurement is based on the ORAC scale that was developed at Tufts University to measure antioxidant levels in foods. An independent lab - Brunswick Laboratory - has made thatd etermination.

If you are looking at these Super Food juices for yourself be sure to look at all of the ingredients. Many popular juices have what are called in the industry "junk juices". These are apple, white grape, and pear. They are called "junk juices" because they are cheap and have a high sugar content. And, of course, your sweeter juices are going to have these junk juices.Juices that promise to have energy giving capabilities often have short cut stimulants like green tea extract, refined sugars, caffeine, and ephedra. These are not desirable for sustained energy and stamina.

Ningxia Red has none of these. My belief in Ningxia Red juice was confirmed last month when I received my copy of "Immune Perspectives" in the mail from the Center for Advancement in Cancer Education (CACE). I've been associated with Susan Silberstein and this non-profit group for about 15 years. In this issue (Vol. XI.no.1), they highlighted Lycium barbarum as a "potent cancer inhibitor". This article, written by Earl Mindell, is full of promise about the anti-cancer effects of this fruit Lycium barbarum. (For more about CACE: http://www.beatcancer.org) If you want to learn more about this juice go to: http://www.ningxiared.com.

If you are interested in ordering itsee your Young Living distributor or go to: Young Living's Website
==========================
2. Spa Steals and Deals
==========================
January is the month we really need to get out to the Day Spas and get our pampering outside of the home. We have spent so much time working in our homes over the holidays with decorating, cooking, cleaning, and entertaining that this is the time, more than any time of the year, we need to get out and get pampered. The good news is that January is a month where many spas have "Steals and Deals". For example, in Philadelphia at Pierre and Carlo European Salon and Spa, you can get a free manicure with any treatment and a free 30 minute massage with a facial. And there is a Buy One Get One Free special. Want to know if Spas in your area are offering Steals and Deals? Click on this link and see if your city is listed here: http://tinyurl.com/u9xrz
============================================
3. Essential Oil Tip: Decoration Stains
============================================
Taking a red wreath holder off of the white door left a stain. To satisfy the "other" family members I tried the Mr. Clean Eraser Pads to no avail. Once again, enter Lemon Oil one of my heroes!

Watch this video to see how effective it is! http://tinyurl.com/yhw2yv

Order your essential oils from your Young Living distributor or by going to Young Living's Website
==================================
5. Success Tip: Mother Theresa
==================================
LIFE IS...by Mother Theresa

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
==============================================
6.Recipe of the Week: White Bean Spread
==============================================I
I don't know about you, but in my world the holiday parties are still going on this week. I have three open house parties to attend this coming weekend! Since we're all so tired of eating the heavy, sugary, and cheesy stuff, this is a great alternative if you are entertaining this weekend! It's a nice, light, healthy, tasty spread for your crackers.Your guests will appreciate it,

This makes 10 1/2 ounce servings.
Ingredients:
--Navy beans, dried 4 oz
--Vegetable stock, as needed
--Garlic cloves, 5 cloves roasted
--Kosher salt and ground pepper, as needed
--Parmesan cheese, grated 2 oz.
--Cilantro, chopped 1 Tbsp
--Olive oil, 3 Tbsp

Directions:
--Soak Beans overnight. Drain and rinse.
--In a medium saucepan cover beans with water, bring to a boiland simmer until tender. Remove from heat, drain and cool.
--Puree beans until smooth, use vegetable stock to achieve desired consistency.
--Add roasted garlic and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, parmesan and cilantro.
--Remove from bowl and spread on toasted French bread or pita.
=========================================
7. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================
New Year's Affirmations for the Narrow minded (we all know someone who thinks like this)
--As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I am in touch with my inner sociopath.
--I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.
--I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.
--In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
--My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of wisdom and judgment.
--I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain.
--When someone hurts me, I know that forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit, but not nearly as rewarding.
--I am at one with my duality.
--Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves in knots.
--I will strive to live each day as if it were my 50th birthday.
--I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of stateand local laws.
--Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for therea re no sweeter words than "I told you so!"
--A scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.
--Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my underwear. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
--I will no longer waste my time reliving the past; I will spend it worrying about the future
--The complete lack of evidence is the surest proof that the conspiracy is working.
--Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:
----------------------------------------------------------------
February 3-4, 2007 Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Healing Touch Level One
contact Marilee for details 856-857-1799
---------------------------------
March 24-26, 2007 Galloway, New Jersey
Healing Touch Level 3
Contact Marilee for details 856-857-1799
-----------------------------------------------
Past Issues of Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week
-----------------------------------------------
Don't let all this good info go by the wayside! Access the archives of the Tips of The Week at this site:
href="http://www.homespaladytips.blogspot.com">http://www.homespaladytips.blogspot.com

----------------------------------------------
PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or

electronic newsletter, but please include the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free ezineon how to Make Every Day A Spa Day. Subscribe at
target="_blank" href="http://www.homespalady.com/">Home Spa Lady
.

You are receiving this because you signed up for it at the Home Spa Lady website at
href="http://www.homespalady.com/">Home Spa Lady
or you told me you want to subscribe.

PRIVACY STATEMENT: Home Spa Lady will never distribute your address to anyone.
Period.
Promise.
=======================================================
Marilee Tolen RN a.k.a. Home Spa Lady
E-mail Marilee!
Phone: 856-857-1799 (East Coast)
www.HomeSpaLady.com
www.PeacefulPassages.org