"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

6.2.08

Healing Shingles with Essential Oils / Issue #115 February 6, 2008

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 115 - February 6, 2008
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
mailto:marilee777@aol.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com/blog (Blog)
Home Spa Lady (TM)

Circulation: 2531


==============================================
Home Spa Lady ~ Simple Solutions for Self-Care At Home
==============================================

In This Issue
================================

1. Healing Shingles with Essential Oils

2. Essential Oil Tip: My Ravensara Capsules
(Video!)

3. Success Tip: Nerves

4. Recipe of the Week: Home Made Anti-Viral Tea
(Video!)

5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week


*Details below for tonight's special f*ree event!


=======================================
1. Healing Shingles with Essential Oils
=======================================

One of my famous personal essential oil testimonies is
how I got rid of my shingles using ravensara essential oil.

Shingles, aka Herpes Zoster, is a severe and short lived
viral infection caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox.

It's an infection of the nervous system that affects certain
areas of the skin.

Shingles originates from having chicken pox as a child.

During a childhood bout of chicken pox, not all of the viral
organisms are destroyed. They hang out and stay quiet -
"dormant" - in the nerves in the skin for many years.

When there is severe emotional stress, severe illness,
or things that severely affect the immune system, these
"dormant" critters wake up and get active again, and
cause an infection.

The pain is severe and sometimes long lived, and the
medical approach is anti-viral medications, steroids,
pain meds, and antibiotics for potential skin infection
- and not everyone wants to take this approach
(although if the outbreak is near the eyes you should
definitely seek medical attention!)
So once again we say Thank God for the oils!

I had a shingles outbreak a few years ago when my mother, who
had been diagnosed with kidney cancer, had surgery
to have her kidney removed.

I was so stressed out that I wasn't paying attention
to my body. It's interesting how that happens, isn't it?

Our bodies have to tell us the degree of how much
stress we are under if we're not paying attention.

When I found out I had shingles I ran to my two
favorite resource books - the Essential Desk
Reference and The Alternative Medicine Definitive
Guide by the Burton Goldberg Group.

Both of these books mentioned ravensara - which I
had in my oil collection and loved for sinus issues.

I immediately took some internally (I had taken ravensara
internally before for bronchitis so I was comfortable
taking it internally again).

I put 7 drops in an empty gel cap and I took one capsule
in the morning and one at night. Within one day my pain and
symptoms went away.

I decided to keep myself on this regime for 21 days because
that is the normal life span of a virus. My symptoms stayed
away for the whole time except for one day I did forget
to take my dose.

I said to myself "oh, I probably don't have shingles - I don't
have symptoms so I'll stop taking the capsules." Well, within
one day the symptoms came back, so I resumed to completion.

Now not everyone will feel comfortable taking oils internally, so
here are ways you can use essential oils topically for the
discomfort of shingles:

Blend together:

-- 10 drops sandalwood
-- 5 drops blue cypress
-- 4 drops peppermint
-- 2 drops ravensara

Dilute 50:50 with massage oil and apply 6 - 10 drops on the
affected area, back of neck, and down the spine 1 - 3 times
daily. (from Essential Desk Reference)

-----

Aromatherapy expert, and author of "Medical Aromatherapy"
Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt, says "Our greatest success in the treatment
of shingles is by applying a blend of 50% ravensara and 50%
calophyllum inophyllum (like St. John's Wort
http://snipurl.com/tamanu_oil ).
Drastic improvements and complete remissions occur within seven
days."

-----

A case study was done of six hospice patients with shingles.
It was found that three essential oils combined together and
placed in distilled water and used as a spritz improved the
symptoms of the shingles.

The three oils used were:

--ravensara
--bergamot
--niaouli

This study was run by aromatherapist Noel Gilligan. Mr Gilligan
reported that after 48 hours:

--there was a significant reduction in the pain from the shingles
--scabbing and healing of the pustules took place and in one
instance there was a disappearance of the pustules

Learn more about this study: http://snipurl.com/shingles_eo_study

For more info or to order contact your Young Living
distributor or go to: http://tinyurl.com/aenfp


===========================================
2. Essential Oil Tip: My Ravensara Capsules
===========================================

When I had my shingles, this is what I did.

I made Ravensara capsules and I took them twice a day.

I put 7 drops of ravensara in an empty gel cap and
took one in the morning and one at night. I did this
for 21 days.

This isn't for everyone - but it worked for me.
Here is a video showing you what I did
http://snipurl.com/ravensaraforshingles

For more info or to order contact your Young Living
distributor or go to: http://tinyurl.com/aenfp


========================
3. Success Tip: Nerves
========================

"Nerves provide me with energy. They work for me.
It's when I don't have them, when I feel at ease,
that I get worried."

~Mike Nichols

================================================
4. Recipe of the Week: Home Made Anti-Viral Tea
================================================

Ginger is delicious and a great natural anti-viral food.

It's good for so many things - like tummy aches
or the flu and a great thing to sip on when you
have a viral outbreak in the body like shingles!

What you need to make your tea:

--Fresh grated ginger from ginger root or ginger essential oil
--Cup of hot water

optional: agave / lemon slice / lemon oil

Make tea with oil:
--one drop of ginger in a cup of hot water
--add one drop of lemon and agave to taste

Make tea with fresh ingredients:
--grate fresh ginger and place in cup of hot water
--steep a few minutes
--strain or leave in cup
--add slice of lemon and agave to taste

Video to show you how:
http://snipurl.com/antiviral_ginger_tea

=========================================
5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================

Bubba Had Shingles

Those who spend much time in a doctor's office
should appreciate this!

Doesn't it seem more and more that physicians
are running their practices like an assembly line?

Here's what happened to Bubba:

Bubba walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist
asked him what he had. Bubba said: "Shingles."

So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance
number and told him to have a seat.

Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Bubba
what he had.

Bubba said, "Shingles." So she wrote down his height, weight, a
complete medical history and told Bubba to wait in the examining
room.

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Bubba what he had.

Bubba said, "Shingles." So the nurse gave Bubba a blood test, a
blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Bubba to take
off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.

An hour later the doctor came in and found Bubba sitting
patiently in the nude and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said,
"Shingles." The doctor asked, "Where?"

Bubba said, "Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to
unload 'em??"


----------------------------------------------------------------

Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:

----------------------------------------------------------------

* TONIGHT ! TONIGHT ! TONIGHT !

A F*ree Teleseminar in Celebration of my new ebook!

7 PM EST with Judith and Jim - leaders of the
Soft Sell Marketing movement - this is perfect for you
health care professionals who have practices and businesses!

http://snipurl.com/sellingisspiritual

------------------------------

Want to know about my new ebook?

Look at the 99 testimonials on this page -
you are all so beautiful!

http://snipurl.com/8_steps_ebook

------------------------------

February 22 - 24, 2008

Bridging Heart and Marketing
Los Angeles CA

Want to join me there?

Here's the details: http://snipurl.com/joinmeinlosangeles

-----------------------------

June 11 - 14, 2008

Rise to Excellence
Young Living Essential Oils Convention
Salt Lake City UT

-----------------------------------------------

PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home Spa
Lady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or electronic
newsletter, but please include the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free ezine
on how to Make Every Day A Spa Day. Subscribe at
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com.