"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

3.9.08

Essential Oils ~ Your Travel Magic / Issue #145 - September 3, 2008

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 145 - September 3, 2008
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
mailto:marilee777@aol.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com
Home Spa Lady (TM)

Circulation: 3701

==============================================
Home Spa Lady ~ Simple Solutions for Self-Care At Home
==============================================

In This Issue
================================

1. Essential Oils ~ Your Travel Magic

2. Essential Oil Tip: Thieves Mouthwash as a Quick Fix
(video - 1 min 5 sec)

3. Success Tip: Octavio Paz

4. Recipe of the Week: Citrus Infused Guacamole

5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week

6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show


>>>> An Amazing Course For You <<<<<

"you might not think the internet can do this"
http://snipurl.com/broaden_my_world


=====================================
1. Essential Oils ~ Your Travel Magic
=====================================

When it comes to travel there is not much worse
than getting sick right before the trip, on the
way there, or while you're there - especially if
you are out of the country! Business or pleasure
~ it's the pits to be sick when you're away
from home!

Just 2 weeks ago I took a vacation to Mexico - my
first vacation in 10 years! And this was a real
vacation too - no phones, no computer, just family
and fun in the sun.

Two days before I left for the trip I had pain and
gum discomfort that was getting increasingly worse.
A day before I was leaving I started to realize that
I needed some healing attention (notice I didn't say
'medical' attention - natural healing self-solutions
are usually my first approach).

I couldn't tell if it was a tooth or my gum, all I knew
was that it was an ache that wasn't going away.

When I called my holistic dentist he was booked solid
and he was leaving for vacation himself. His wonderful
assistant worked with me on the phone helping me to
ascertain if it was a periodontal issue or a tooth problem.

We both were pretty certain it was a periodontal gum
issue and I made the choice to approach it as such.

Emily, my hygienist, coached me on a great technique that I am
sharing with you here in the Essential Oil Tips section (my
dental professionals are pro-essential oils for mouth care -
that is why I drive an hour to get to their office!)

I followed the regime of rinsing the area with salt water and
then using my Thieves mouthwash in my Water Pik. I did this a
few times that day and took my Water Pik with me to Mexico to
continue my program. I was certain Thieves would combat
any infection that might be brewing in a gum pocket.

Within 2 days this problem had cleared up and I was so grateful.

However, another problem surfaced. As much as I avoided
drinking the water - you know, that thing that happens in
Mexico that you don't want to happen (unless you are at a
cleansing retreat!) happened.

It didn't come on fast - I could feel the gurgling
starting in my stomach which was my warning.

Immediately I grabbed my Inner Defense (pre-made capsule
containing the Thieves essential oil blend plus oregano).

Again, I was certain that using these therapeutic essential
oils internally, any festering bug that shouldn't be there would
be eliminated (my certainty being based on 11 years experience
and much knowledge).

Now, I can't say for sure if it would have gotten worse had I not
taken the Inner Defense - but it did not get any worse and the
unusual intestinal activity subsided within 8 hours.

Another thing that may have helped getting back to normal fast
was the fact that I pumped my probiotic intake the week before
my trip. "Life 5" is the YL probiotic and my favorite.

I did not leave my hotel room without my Thieves Waterless Hand
Purifier - beach, restaurants, restrooms, the gym. And my little
purse size spray bottle of Thieves was also tucked right in my
hip pack.

I may be sounding like a germ phobe but I know bit about
microbiology and today's SuperBugs, and I've heard enough
horror stories about sickness in Mexico that to me, being
protected is alot better than the consequences - especially
while on the road or traveling.

There's so many other little ways we can use our "Thieves"
friends during travel, such as:

--Spray Thieves on telephone and remote control in hotel room

--Run the travel Fan Diffuser in the room with Thieves oil blend

--Using Thieves handgel on hands even after washing hands in
restrooms

--Spray Thieves on outside dining tables before eating,
especially the tables where animals hang out

Maybe you have some unique ways to use Thieves for travel.

If you do and would like to share them with me (for future
publication so give me your name too!) send them to me
at marilee777@aol.com.

(Please note that these are my personal accounts and opinions -
it is not 'medical advice'.)

(By the way - Young Living is offering a Thieves special right
now - check it out at http://tinyurl.com/aenfp )

One other thing. . . do I dare tell you about the bikini contest
I won in Mexico? Does that have anything to do with "Young
Living" and using natural therapies? Maybe! Stay tuned for more
info on that - I need to work up the nerve to show you photos!

====================================================
2. Essential Oil Tip: Thieves Mouthwash in WaterPik
====================================================

A great periodontal tip! And this saved me from suffering from
a mouth issue on the way to my vacation in Mexico and while
there!

http://snipurl.com/vid_thieves_waterpik
(1 min 5 sec)

For more info or to order any of these Young Living
products see your Young Living Distributor or go to
http://tinyurl.com/aenfp


================================
3. Success Tip: Octavio Paz
================================

"Today we all speak, if not the same tongue, the same universal
language. There is no one center, and time has lost its former
coherence: East and West, yesterday and tomorrow exist as a
confused jumble in each one of us. Different times and different
spaces are combined in a here and now that is everywhere at
once."

`Octavio Paz quote
Mexican poet, writer, and diplomat, 1914-1998

==================================================
4. Recipe of the Week: Citrus Infused Guacamole
==================================================

2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 tablespoon pineapple juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
salt to taste
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste (optional)

--In a large bowl, stir together the avocados, lime juice, orange
juice, pineapple juice, cumin, cilantro and salt.

--Mix in hot pepper sauce if using.

--Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.

--Place one of the avocado pits into the bowl to help keep
it fresh.


=========================================
5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================

Three women go down to Mexico one night, get drunk,
and wake up in jail, only to find that they are to
be executed in the morning, though none of them can
remember what they did the night before.

The first one, a spiritual gal, is strapped in the electric
chair, and is asked if she has any last words. She says,
"I am from Grace University, and believe in the almighty
power of God to intervene on the behalf of the innocent,"
They throw the switch and nothing happens.

They all immediately prostrate themselves; beg for her
forgiveness, and release her.

The second one, a sophisticated gal, is strapped in and gives
her last words, "I am from the Creighton School of Law
and I believe in the power of justice to intervene on
the part of the innocent." They throw the switch and
again, nothing happens.

Again, they all immediately prostrate themselves;
beg for her forgiveness, and release her.

The last one, one who is too innocent and not too smart, is
strapped in and says,"Well, I'm from the University of Alabama,
Huntsville and just graduated with a degree in Electrical
Engineering, and I'll tell you right now, you ain't
gonna electrocute nobody if you don't plug this thing in."

=====================================
6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
=====================================

The place for natural health tips, product reviews,
and interview with experts in Alternative Medicine, Holistic
Nursing, Nutrition, Energy Healing, and Essential Oils.

Ask your most important question about natural health issues
and listen to the show for your answers!

Ask your question right now by going to:
http://www.GreenTeaWithMarilee.com


------------------------------------------------------
Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:
------------------------------------------------------

September 9, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
featuring
Dr. Ed and Jacqui Close

Subject: Saving Health and Home from Toxic Mold

http://snipurl.com/gtwm_no_toxic_mold

---------------------------------

September 16, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
featuring
Denny and Susan Waxman

Subject: Visual Diagnosis and Macrobiotic Philosophy

http://snipurl.com/gtwm_viz_dx_waxmans

---------------------------------

September 18, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
featuring
Pat Bemis, RN
President National Nurses in Business

Subject: "Nuts and Bolts of Business"

http://snipurl.com/gtwmnutsbolts_pbemis


-----------------------------------------

September 23, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

Co-hosting with Scott Rosen of Transformations
featuring
America's #1 Psychic
Michelle Whitedove

Subject: A Glimpse into Soul Secrets

http://snipurl.com/gtwm_sxupwhitedove

-----------------------------------------

September 22, 2008 through November 5, 2008

"Intro to Internet Marketing" Course

This is the MOST AMAZING LINE-UP!

http://snipurl.com/broaden_my_world

-------------------------------------------

Interested in Kick Starting Your Practice?

Great for holistically oriented health care
professionals with a practice!

Purchase this ebook for immediate download.

Look at the 99 testimonials on this page -
you are all so beautiful!

http://snipurl.com/8_steps_ebook


-----------------------------------------------

PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home Spa
Lady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or electronic
newsletter, but please include the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free
on how to Make Every Day A Spa Day. Subscribe at
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com.

=======================================================
Marilee Tolen RN
a.k.a. Home Spa Lady
marilee777@aol.com
Phone: 856-857-1799 (East Coast)