"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

24.9.08

Intention Deficit Disorder / Issue #148 - September 24, 2008

Home Spa Lady's
Tips of the Week
Issue # 148 - September 24, 2008
Publisher: Marilee Tolen RN
mailto:marilee777@aol.com
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

Home Spa Lady (TM)

Circulation: 3947

==============================================
Home Spa Lady ~ Simple Solutions for Self-Care At Home
==============================================
In This Issue
================================

1. Tips For "Intention Deficit Disorder"

2. Essential Oil Tip: Beet Stains
(video - 24 sec)

3. Success Tip: Oscar Wilde

4. Recipe of the Week: Roasted Beet Salad

5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week

6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

-------------------

>>>> Highly Recommended Course<<<<<<

Essential Oils Chemistry
You can take LIVE from your HOME
with Linda Smith
http://snipurl.com/eochemistry_class_ls


========================================
1. Tips for "Intention Deficit Disorder"
========================================

Are you someone who starts doing something
and then goes on to another thing, then
another, without completing anything you've
started? (kinda like "disorganized multi-tasking")

When we find ourselves jumping from one
thing to another without completing anything,
a little voice comes in and says "oh my!
I must have adult Attention Deficit Disorder (A.D.D.)!"

We don't give credit to the fact that there is plenty
of reason why we feel scattered, because there is:
--sooo much to do
--sooo many responsibilities
--sooo little time in which to do things
The overwhelm can sendya spinnin'!

Consider this.

It might not be that you are lacking in your
attention to matters, it might just be that
you are lacking in intention.

When we feel overwhelmed with responsibility
and a long "to-do" list, it's easy to just want
to get through the day and nothing more.

Not having meaning or intention connected to daily
tasks can set the stage for scattered and unfocused
activity.

Making a conscious intention for everything we do is a
great way to counteract what we think might be
A.D.D.

For example, fixing a meal for yourself and family.
An intention would be "to nourish and feed the body".

But it's not always easy having enough focused awareness
to make an intention for each activity.

Here are some steps to create focused awareness in your life:

--ground the physical body to the earth - a simple
bouncing up and down on the heels can do that

--create conscious reminders next to each item
on your "to-do" list with the intention and purpose
behind each task

--make each thought a prayer, an active intention (not a
beseeching prayer) until it becomes a habit

There are actually a few (YL) essential oils that can help
with this too:

--Valor
--Grounding
--Clarity
--Frankincense

Want a powerful experience to help you overcome I.D.D.?

Use one or more of these essential oils daily, applying
them in the morning as you state your conscious intent
and prayer for the day.

Essential oils can amplify intention and prayer.

Try putting these on along with your socks and
shoes, state your intentions, connect with the meaning
of each item on your agenda, and have a focused, smooth,
and productive day!

===================================
2. Essential Oil Tip: Beet Stains
===================================

I was juicing yesterday morning and had
a white cotton shirt on - not too smart
if cutting fresh red beets.

Of course I had red beet juice spots on my shirt.

Here is what I did - I grabbed the lemon
essential oil on my kitchen sink (it's always
there) and put a drop on the beet stains.

http://snipurl.com/vid_eo_4_beet_stain
(video 24 seconds)

I rubbed it a bit and put in the washer.

The stain did come out.

Another tip to remove beet stain
(non-eo): sprinkle with salt and scrub
lightly, rinse and wash with soap.

I bet combining salt with the lemon
essential oil on the spot would have
been very effective as well.


For more info or to order any of these Young Living
products see your Young Living Distributor or go to
http://tinyurl.com/aenfp

================================
3. Success Tip: Oscar Wilde
================================

Life is not governed by will or intention.
Life is a question of nerves, and fibers, and
slowly built-up cells in which thought
hides itself, and passion has its dreams.

Oscar Wilde

======================================
4. Recipe of the Week: Roasted Beet Salad
======================================

Roasted Beet Salad
. . . . .with Fresh Thyme and Parmigiano-Reggiano


5 to 6 medium organic red beets, cleaned and peeled
8 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic - sliced
1 tsp. sea salt
3 Tbsp. good quality balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
12 curls Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
4 sprigs fresh thyme, for garnish
black pepper, freshly cracked

--Preheat oven to 400°F
--Slice beets ¼ inch thick and place on baking sheet
--Drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil
--Sprinkle with garlic salt
--Toss beets to coat evenly, and arrange in a single layer
--Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender
--Divide beets and arrange on four plates
--Whisk together six tablespoons olive oil with balsamic vinegar
and chopped thyme
--Drizzle dressing over beets and garnish with cheese, thyme
sprigs and pepper

=========================================
5. HSL's Joke or Cute Quote of the Week
=========================================

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. -
Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

If this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

This is how it manifests: I decide to wash my car.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the
hall table.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the
trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the
trash first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I
take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one
check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk
where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the
Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it
in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on
the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading
glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going
to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with
water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.

Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking
for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen
table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs,
but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the
floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and
wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning
to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't
paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the
flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my
checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and
I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm
really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm
really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some
help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.


=====================================
6. The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
=====================================

The place for natural health tips, product reviews,
and interview with experts in Alternative Medicine, Holistic
Nursing, Nutrition, Energy Healing, and Essential Oils.

Ask your most important question about natural health issues
and listen to the show for your answers!

Ask your question right now by going to:
http://www.GreenTeaWithMarilee.com


------------------------------------------------------
Where to Meet, Hear, or Learn with Home Spa Lady:
------------------------------------------------------

September 9, 2008 >>>> Completed but you can hear replay until
October 25th - Sign up below!

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
featuring
Dr. Ed and Jacqui Close

Subject: Saving Health and Home from Toxic Mold

http://snipurl.com/gtwm_no_toxic_mold

---------------------------------

September 16, 2008 >>>>Completed but you can hear replay until
October 25th - Sign up below!

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show
featuring
Denny and Susan Waxman

Subject: Visual Diagnosis and Macrobiotic Philosophy

http://snipurl.com/gtwm_viz_dx_waxmans

-----------------------------------------

September 23, 2008 >>>! Completed Last Night

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

Co-hosting with Scott Rosen of Transformations
featuring America's #1 Psychic
Michelle Whitedove

Subject: A Glimpse into Soul Secrets

Listen to the replay!!!
http://snipurl.com/gtwm_sxupwhitedove

------------------------------------------
October 1, 2008

The "Green Tea with Marilee" Show

Two Shows:

>> John Perkins Interview <<<
>> Marc Schreuder Ningxia Red <<<

Stay tuned for details!

--------------------------------------------

November 7 - 9, 2008

"Turn the Internet into Income"

National Nurses in Business Conference
Daytona, Florida

-------------------------------------------

Interested in Kick Starting Your Practice?

Great for holistically oriented health care
professionals with a practice!

Purchase this ebook for immediate download.

Look at the 99 testimonials on this page -
you are all so beautiful!

http://snipurl.com/8_steps_ebook

-----------------------------------------------

PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may reprint any items from "Home Spa
Lady's Tips of the Week" in your own print or electronic
newsletter, but please include the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week," a free
on how to Make Every Day A Spa Day. Subscribe at
http://www.HomeSpaLady.com.

=======================================================
Marilee Tolen RN
a.k.a. Home Spa Lady
marilee777@aol.com
Phone: 856-857-1799 (East Coast)