"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

19.3.10

Get More Energy and Lose Weight - No Blarney! March 17, 2010

Get More Energy and Lose Weight with Chia!!!
( No Blarney!! )

This past year I learned about an amazing Super Food that I want to tell you about.

I have to admit - when I heard people talk about this, all I could think of were the Chia Pets that used to be advertised on TV in cheap commercials, and I had no interest.


Well upon urging of my Natural Foods teacher,I decided to try them so I picked up a bag of Organic Chia Seeds in Whole Foods.

Eh - tasteless, and no big deal I thought. I mixed them in water.

Well, I must tell you - I noticed a strength and stamina that was very unusual for me - subtle, but noticeable.

Today, if I go without my Chia - I miss it tremendously. I've also noticed I'm not as hungry and I don't have those occasional afternoon blood sugar dips nor cravings at night!

Now, I do prepare them in a special way - here is how in this video (1 min 14 sec):



Here are the benefits and ways you can use Chia:

Give you tremendous energy and stamina

Help you lose weight b/c they fill you up and
cleanse your intestinal tract

Omega-3 fatty acid and better than flax in that they can be stored for long periods of time without becoming rancid

Chia seeds are 'hydrophilic' so they keep you hydrated longer

Chia seeds were a main component of the Aztec and Mayan diets.

There is a drink popular in Mexico and Central America called “Chia Fresca” where they mix chia seeds in water and add lime or lemon and sugar.

How to use:

Sprinkle on your food

Add to smoothie

Allow to become gelatinous in liquid and eat with spoon

As with everything – best to get the organic!

Sources:

http://www.thechiaseed.com

http://www.nutsonline.com


Marilee Reccomends

Here is a great recipe I learned about for using Chia seeds.

It was sent in by Home Spa Lady reader and YLEO distributor Jan Hayes RN.

2 scoops Chia seeds
1/4 cup of Young Living Wolfberries
Put in glass container
Add 3 times as much water and soak overnight

Take 2 T daily either plain or with coconut milk