"Home Spa Lady Tips" Ezine Collection

This is the place where you can access all of the Home Spa Lady's Tips of the Week. To get these Tips of the Week emailed directly to your email, go to http://www.HomeSpaLady.com

1.4.10

Clean Eggs and Fam (ily) March 31, 2010

A Note From Marilee


"Clean Eggs and Fam (ily)"


This past week I was visiting my family in Southern California where I attended a conference on Longevity.

It was wonderful to visit them - most of them are like myself and choose a natural and preventative approach to ‘self-health’ care.

We always learning from one another and keep each other supported with our unconventional approaches to living.

I learned a ton this week, and not just at the conference.

I learned from my family what it takes to raise chickens that feed naturally and can provide wholesome organic eggs - in a suburban backyard!

(Yes, in the suburbs! Orange County California!)

The eggs were so beautiful I had to take a picture of one that was cooking for my breakfast:


Look at the color of the yolk! It was so delicious - fresh from the coop, fried up in ghee (and served with the most awesome millet bread that was wheat/gluten/yeast-f’ree millet bread).

It’s the chore of 7 year old Elijah to go out to the coop in the morning and bring in the eggs!

Here is a quick video of what a good job he does! The cutest thing is how he lifts one of the chickens up with a dust pan!

(Okay – I know many of you HSL readers are macro, vegan, or raw. and this may not be your thing, but you might enjoy this anyway!)


Click here to play

Granted, most people won’t go to this length to have ‘clean eggs’, so I am offering you a website that might be helpful in learning the differences in the types of eggs that you can purchase:

http://www.helpwithcooking.com/egg-guide/guide-to-eggs.html

And, speaking of eggs, I always love the meaning and metaphor of theegg which is Birth, and how we celebrate its spiritual meaning in the Spring.


With this - I wish you all a beautiful birthing of new life this holiday week and spring season!

Marilee Reccomends

Please join me for a f'ree teleseminar on
"7 Reasons to Use Online Video" and how
you can have an opportunity to learn how
to do your own online video - in a Low Tech way!
Learn more and register here: http://tinyurl.com/7stepsvideotelesem